What is VoIP
One of the latest spin-offs of business telecom technology is the Hosted PBX. This technology allows small and medium-sized businesses to have a sophisticated telephone system without the investment in telephone equipment. In fact, the entire telephone system is operated and maintained by your Voice-over-IP (VoIP) service provider. A Hosted PBX lets employees work from their home, a hotel or on their cell phone while still being connected to the same office telephone system. Just like a Fortune 500 telephone system, you can transfer callers, put them on hold with music, set up conference calls or have the phone answered by an automated attendant who can direct callers to different departments.
Key concepts behind a Hosted PBX service:
- Your telephone system is “hosted” or operated by your provider
- Works with your existing telephone service or completely replaces it
- Can be used with landlines, mobile phones, VoIP service or might include VoIP service
- Complete with a full suite of telephone features at a price every company will love, our Hosted PBX is the phone service designed for your business. From a single user at a home office to a multi-user, commercial-grade call centre, Jive provides a complete solution customized for your individual business needs. Our products include telephone numbers, local and long-distance calling and a host of powerful and customizable features such as auto-attendants, call queues, conference calling and much more.
- Offer companies with multiple locations the ability to operate under one umbrella, allowing increased productivity and reduced resource requirements. Now, your workers can work from home, or any location globally with our easy to use, plug and play Hosted PBX solution.
The Benefits of a Hosted PBX
There are a number of key advantages to using a Hosted PBX versus traditional telephone service or purchasing an office telephone system.
- Initial Cost Savings– You do not need to make a large upfront investment by purchasing an office telephone system and there is no need to maintain it. With a Hosted PBX solution the office telephone system is operated and maintained by your provider.
- Ongoing Cost Savings– Typically, a Hosted PBX implementation is significantly more cost-effective over the long run than a traditional PBX. These ongoing savings are in addition to the initial savings on capital outlay.
- Geographical Flexibility– Employees can work from anywhere when your office phone system is virtual. You can have employees working from home, other offices, mobile phones, and even overseas.
- Local Presence– Hosted PBX systems allow you to get local virtual numbers in cities where you are not physically located which allows you to create a virtual presence or open a virtual office in New York or the UK.
- Credibility– For small businesses a virtual system can give them instant credibility by presenting their customers with a professional sounding telephone solution. Traditional telephone systems are generally cost-prohibitive for smaller organizations.
- Scalability– Traditional phone systems are limited by how many users they can handle as well as how many lines you have purchased from your local telephone provider. Virtual systems can expand and grow with your business as you need them to.
- Quick Setup– A Hosted PBX solution can have you up and running very quickly compared to a traditional telephone system.
- Ease of Use– End-user management of a Hosted PBX is far more user-friendly than is the case with traditional solutions. Intuitive web interfaces mean that anyone can manage, monitor and make changes to the service at any time, without needing any specialized skills or experience.